Tuesday, November 25, 2008
The Mark of a Princess
Before I even had children, I had a concern that I really wasn't sure how I was going to handle. I knew that both Jay and I were freckled people, so the fact that our children would also have freckles was inevitable! I remember as a child absolutely hating my freckles...and I really wanted to figure out a way to make my children embrace them or at least accept them. I really think this is a lost cause, because my mom did try to make me understand that I might as well accept them, because they aren't going anywhere. Well, with the help of Barbie...I think we have, at least for a little while, won this battle. You see...in "Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper" the princess (you guessed it, which is Barbie) has a birthmark in the shape of a crown on her shoulder, which is what proves that she is indeed the princess in the movie. MollyAnn started pulling her shirts down to show us her crown...she finally realized that she didn't have a crown. But I took this as an opportunity. So, I showed her this freckle that she already has on her shoulder and told her that she had a "diamond birthmark" which proved she was a princess. This didn't really take off until this past weekend, when Mimi and Du came to visit and brought MollyAnn yet another Barbie movie. This time they brought her the new release, The Diamond Castle. MollyAnn has already watched it atleast 5 times, if not more....and to tell you the truth it is my least favorite of ALL the barbie movies. Well, this morning as she was finishing up another viewing, she pulled her shirt down and said..."I am a diamond princess, I want to go see the Diamond Castle!" Too cute! If she thinks her freckles are the mark of princess, who am I to disagree! I mean I do have lots of freckles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment