Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pay Back Time?

So....do any of you recall these words, "I can't wait til you have a kid just like you"? Well, I got what my mom probably secretly wished for all those years of toddlerhood to the teens. My little precious baby is turning two in just under 3 days! And believe me, 2 year olds do have opinions! My little princess/diva's opinion is most evident in what she is going to wear. No matter, if it is what she is wearing to bed or what I "think" she is wearing for the day, it is going to be a battle of the two Divas of the Jay Adams House. She has finally broken me, I have decided that if she is really that worried about what she is wearing, then I will embrace it (she will be the one embarrased when she is older, not me:). My mom did that with me. Ofcourse, up until now I would cringe everytime I would walk past a couple of the family portraits that are hanging on the wall at my parent's house. It is very obvious that my mom not only let me pick out my hairstyle but then proceeded to let me style it, and I must have gotten to choose what I was going to wear. But like I said, now I completely understand. If you knew me when I was younger, you know that in my earlier days I liked to wear flashy clothes and hats, o how I loved hats! As long as it wasn't immoral or to racey...I was allowed to wear it. I mean my mom did get up early on the Halloween I was in 2nd grade and put many, many braids in my hair so I could go as Boy George...yes she did, she let me dress up like Boy George. But hey, I loved him, Madonna and Cindy Lauper.
So, I have decided to just buy the things I am pretty sure she will like, instead of the things I wish she would like and I think she would look o so cute in. I just got back from a trip to Target were I bought a pair of silver tennis shoes (yes, I know, but she needs to wear tennis shoes to Mommies Day Out and she won't wear the ones I currently I have for her), I also bought her two pairs of sequin shoes. I am sure she will just love these shoes and I am hoping that maybe, just maybe if she knows she is going to be wearing these shoes she will wear some of the normal day clothes I have bought for her. I have also given in to buying anything that has Cinderella or Barbie on it...cause I know it will be so easy to convince her to just put it on so we can go about our day.
With all that said. I hope that all of you, Jay Adams Family followers:) hehe...will get a kick out of watching our little Diva as she grows into her own self. She really thinks she looks good, so if you ever meet up with her...make sure you tell her how pretty her outfit is, cause I would probably bet, that she picked it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: