Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just a little update! Camera Issues, Swim Lessons, New Baby on the Block and Mommy Hula Hooping!???

No pictures to post. I did get a camera, but still have not really figured it out yet. I decided to stick with the more portable point and shoot, rather than upgrade to an SLR. But after reading through my manual, I am pretty impressed with the things my trusty new sidekick should be able to do. Once I figure out how to work it! I should be taking pictures by the weekend!

Also, MollyAnn ended up starting her swim lessons this past Monday. So she has been two days now. I was told that tomorrow she will probably really resist coming in the door, since she actually went under the water today. So, this afternoon we have really been talking up the whole fact that she has been doing so good. And that when she can swim, she will be able to play in the water with Blakeley, Ben and Grace, Pierce, MaryMarshall and all the other big kids she knows that know how to swim. I was really nervous about this swim lesson thing, but my nerves have calmed now that I have been and really spent some time at the pool. The instructors are great and the kids that have been in lessons for a couple of weeks really amaze me. I will be getting in the water with her on Thursday or Friday and plan to hopefully take some short video (if I figure out my camera) or pictures to post for you guys to see how well she is doing.

From previous post you might remember that one of my good friend's had a baby last week. MollyAnn and I decided that we were well enough, that we could go at least look at the baby and just hang out for a while. Well anyway..get to the point...Jodi decided to let MollyAnn hold Michael. MollyAnn of course loved it! She was holding the baby and kind of rocking back and forth and saying "my baby", while Anna was watching and fuming...because Michael really is "her" baby!

When we got home our neighbor's kids were out, so we played outside a bit. MollyAnn did her usual, which is...plant herself in the swing and watch everyone play from a distance. Of course, she is swinging back and forth the WHOLE time, laughing and screaming at the kids riding their bikes. Her daddy has gotten her used to being swung so high, that when I swing her, it is like she is yawning from boredom! Anyways, I started playing with a Hula Hoop. I am so NOT a good hula hooper. And for the past couple of weeks, Grace(8), has been trying to teach me how. She says I shake my tee hiney too much and that my tee hiney is too big. I know, I can't believe she said that either! Anyways, Darcy, our neighbor told me she thought I was using one that was too small (I was using an 8 year olds). So I got mine out. Yes, I have one, I bought it when Grace bought hers back in February. Once I tried the bigger one, I did it! I was so excited! So, I am thinking that maybe, just maybe I can start hula hooping more while I am outside with MollyAnn. And maybe, just maybe this so called "baby weight" will start dropping off! Hey.....I can dream can't I?

Hope you all have a good rest of the week. And maybe we will be back to normal in the next couple of days and I will get more on top of my posts and pictures...

No comments: