Friday, October 3, 2008

I want some.......Brussel Sprouts???

For almost a year now, I have been on a sauteed brussel sprout kick. I have cooked them so much, Jay has grown to like them as well. They do HAVE to be fresh, not frozen and the only way I like them is if they are sauteed in Olive Oil, kosher salt and pepper. I like to get them kind of burnt and crunchy. Well, last night MollyAnn was dying to have some and she ate them and ate them and ate them. I had some left over and I saved them for me to have for lunch today...well, guess who ate them for lunch today...not me! She ate every last one..down to the smallest pieces out of the bowl. I guess you could say I have accomplished what most mothers only dream of...:) I remember as a child hearing about how gross brussel sprouts were, but I don't think I ever actually tried one(if I had tried one it was definitely not my decision). And once I cooked some last fall, I fell in love and ABSOLUTELY look forward to brussel sprout night, ALMOST as much as pizza day at school!

FYI...the only bad thing about brussel sprout night, is the smell of cooking them, you are reminded for about 2 days afterwards that you did indeed have brussel sprout night!

No comments: